We made these yummy little pillow cookies for Christmas neighbor treats. They were very yummy. You could also make them for Valentines Day with all your left over candy canes! I found the recipe here.Candy Cane Snowballs
- 3 c. powdered sugar, divided
- 1 1/4 c butter, softened
- 2 t. vanilla (or if you’d prefer a stronger peppermint flavor, you can replace 1 t. of vanilla with a teaspoon of peppermint extract)
- 1 egg
- 3 c. flour
- 1 T. baking powder
- 1/2 t. salt
- 3/4 c. finely crushed candy canes, divided
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2-3 T. milk
2. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine. Slowly add to mixing bowl, beating until combined, about 1 minute. Stir 1/2 cup finely crushed candy canes in by hand.
3. Roll dough into small balls using just under a teaspoon of dough. Rolls balls through granulated sugar to coat and place on baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Cool.
4. While cookies bake, stir together remaining 1 1/2 c. powdered sugar with 2-3 T. of milk. Add just enough milk to form a thick glaze. Drizzle over cooled cookies and top with remaining crushed candy canes immediately.