Tuesday, April 27, 2010

*Cornbread and Fluffy Honey Butter*

Last night for dinner we had Taco Soup and I finally got around to trying this recipe for Cornbread and Honey Butter.  I think I found it on a friend's blog but I can't remember.  Well I am so thankful for whoever I found it from because we were in Heaven - OMG it's so so yummy!!  I found one awhile back but it was dry and the honey butter didn't turn out so I was disappointed because I LOVE cornbread.  The bread was so moist and the Honey Butter - there are no words to describe how tasty it was.  We are going to pop our leftover scones out of the freezer and smoother them with this butter it's so good!!

Cornbread and Fluffy Honey Butter:

The best Cornbread we have ever tasted, seriously:

½ cup cornmeal
1 ½ cup flour
2/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1/3 cup oil
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1 ¼ cup milk

Add dry ingredients, make a well and add oil, butter, eggs, and milk into the center. Stir until just mixed (batter will be runny - don't be alarmed!). Bake in an 8” square pan at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. This doubles perfectly for a 9X13-inch pan.
Honey Butter:
2 sticks butter, softened
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup marshmallow fluff

Whip all together with an electric mixer and serve at room temperature (can be refrigerated and softened).

0 comments: